Protector Redo mod [protect]
Protector redo for minetest is a mod that protects a players builds by placing
a block that stops other players from digging or placing blocks in that area.
based on glomie’s mod, remade by Zeg9 and rewritten by TenPlus1.
- 0.1 - Initial release
- 0.2 - Texture update
- 0.3 - Added Protection Logo to blend in with player builds
- 0.4 - Code tweak for 0.4.10+
- 0.5 - Added protector.radius variable in init.lua (default: 5)
- 0.6 - Added Protected Doors (wood and steel) and Protected Chest
- 0.7 - Protected Chests now have “To Chest” and “To Inventory” buttons to copy
contents across, also chests can be named
- 0.8 - Updated to work with Minetest 0.4.12, simplified textures
- 0.9 - Tweaked code
- 1.0 - Only owner can remove protector
- 1.1 - Set ‘protector_pvp = true’ in minetest.conf to disable pvp in protected
areas except your own, also setting protector_pvp_spawn higher than 0 will
disable pvp around spawn area with the radius you entered
- 1.2 - Shift and click support added with Minetest 0.4.13 to quickly copy stacks
to and from protected chest
- 1.3 - Moved protector on_place into node itself, protector zone display changed
from 10 to 5 seconds, general code tidy
- 1.4 - Changed protector recipes to give single item instead of 4, added + button
to interface, tweaked and tidied code, added admin command /delprot to remove
protectors in bulk from banned/old players
- 1.5 - Added much requested protected trapdoor
- 1.6 - Added protector_drop (true or false) and protector_hurt (hurt by this num)
variables to minetest.conf settings to stop players breaking protected
areas by dropping tools and hurting player.
- 1.7 - Included an edited version of WTFPL doors mod since protected doors didn’t
work with the doors mod in the latest daily build… Now it’s fine :)
added support for “protection_bypass” privelage.
- 1.8 - Added ‘protector_flip’ setting to stop players using lag to grief into
another players house, it flips them around to stop them digging.
- 1.9 - Renamed ‘protector_pvp_spawn’ setting to ‘protector_spawn’ which protects
an area around static spawnpoint and disables pvp if active.
(note: previous name can still be used)
- 2.0 - Added protector placement tool (thanks to Shara) so that players can easily
stand on a protector, face in a direction and it places a new one at a set
distance to cover protection radius. Added /protector_show command (thanks agaran)
Protectors and chest cannot be moved by mesecon pistons or machines.
- 2.1 - Added ‘protector_night_pvp’ setting so night-time becomes a free for all and
players can hurt one another even inside protected areas (not spawn protected)
- 2.2 - Updated protector tool so that player only needs to stand nearby (2 block radius)
It can also place vertically (up and down) as well. New protector recipe added.
- 2.3 - Localise many of the protector functions and tidy code.
- 2.4 - Update to newer functions, Minetest 0.4.16 needed to run now.
- 2.5 - Added HUD text to show when player is inside a protected area (updates every 5 seconds)
- 2.6 - Add protection against CSM tampering, updated Intllib support (thanks codexp), tweaked block textures
- 2.7 - Remove protection field entity when protector has been dug
- 2.8 - Added ‘protector_show_interval’ setting to minetest.conf [default is 5], make protection field glow in dark.
- 2.9 - Added MineClone2 compatibility (missing default switches to alternate recipes etc.)
Lucky Blocks: 10
Usage: (requires server privelage)
list names to remove
remove specific user names
/protector_remove name1 name2
remove all names from list
Whenever a player is near any protectors with name1 or name2 then it will be
replaced by an air block.
show owner name to replace
replace owner with new name
/protector_replace owner new_owner
reset name list
show protected areas of your nearby protectors (max of 5)
The following lines can be added to your minetest.conf file to configure specific features of the mod:
protector_radius = 5
- Sets the area around each protection node so that other players cannot dig, place or enter through protected doors or chests.
protector_pvp = true
- true or false this setting disabled pvp inside of protected areas for all players apart from those listed on the protector node.
protector_night_pvp = false
- when true this setting enables pvp at night time only, even inside protected areas, requires protector_pvp to be active to work.
protector_spawn = 10
- Sets an area 10 nodes around static spawnpoint that is protected.
protector_hurt = 2
- When set to above 0, players digging in protected areas will be hurt by 2 health points (or whichever number it’s set to)
protector_flip = true
- When true players who dig inside a protected area will flipped around to stop them using lag to grief into someone else’s build
- Number of seconds the protection field is visible, defaults to 5 seconds.
Can be crafted with a protector surrounded by steel ingots and is used to place new protectors at a set distance of protector.radius in all directions including up and down simply by looking in a direction.
Use by standing near an existing protector, looking in a direction and using as a tool, hold sneak/shift to place new protector containing member list from inside nearest one.